- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Russia opposes external political "recipes" for Syria
MOSCOW Dec 10 (Reuters) - Russia said on Monday it opposed any setting of preconditions for talks between the Syrian government and its enemies, and that plans for the country's political future cannot be forced on it from outside.
The Foreign Ministry repeated calls for an end to fighting and start of talks between the Syrian government and opposition but said Russia rejected "attempts to force prepared recipes for socio-political development" on the Middle Eastern nation.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this