Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd (9983.T) and chip tester maker Advantest Corp (6857.T) offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data.
The Nikkei .N225 ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April.
The broader Topix .TOPX index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement