Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd (9983.T) and chip tester maker Advantest Corp (6857.T) offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data.
The Nikkei .N225 ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April.
The broader Topix .TOPX index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel