Nikkei edges up; Fast Retailing offset exporter weakness
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched higher on Monday as gains in Fast Retailing Co Ltd (9983.T) and chip tester maker Advantest Corp (6857.T) offset profit-taking on exporters after weaker-than-expected Chinese trade data.
The Nikkei .N225 ended 0.1 percent higher at 9,533.75 points, after trading as high as 9,584.46, its best level since late April.
The broader Topix .TOPX index eased 0.2 percent to 788.48.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data