Samsung Engineering says consortium wins $3 billion Saudi Arabia order
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Engineering Co Ltd (028050.KS) said on Monday its consortium with China's Shanghai Electric and Saudi Arabia's Al Toukhi was awarded a $3 billion order to build a power and desalination plant in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
The South Korean engineering firm said in a regulatory filing it is set to receive $1.5 billion out of the $3 billion order. The project is slated to take 48 months to complete.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources