Samsung Engineering says consortium wins $3 billion Saudi Arabia order
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Engineering Co Ltd (028050.KS) said on Monday its consortium with China's Shanghai Electric and Saudi Arabia's Al Toukhi was awarded a $3 billion order to build a power and desalination plant in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
The South Korean engineering firm said in a regulatory filing it is set to receive $1.5 billion out of the $3 billion order. The project is slated to take 48 months to complete.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |