Austria's Volksbanken offers to buy back notes
VIENNA Dec 10 (Reuters) - Austria's partially state-owned Volksbanken AG offered on Monday to buy back hybrid notes due in 2016 as a way to improve its capital structure.
The bank issued a nominal 300 million euros worth of the subordinated lower tier II notes and has offered to buy them back at 75 percent of face value, it said in a statement.
BNP Paribas and Volksbanken are joint dealer managers for the offer, which runs until Dec. 18. (Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy