U.S. Treasury prices offering of AIG stock at $32.5/share-sources
HONG KONG Dec 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury has priced the sale of its remaining stake in insurer American International Group Inc at $32.5 per share, sources with knowledge of the deal said on Tuesday.
In a statement on Monday, the Treasury said it launched an underwritten public offering for AIG's remaining 234.2 million shares of common stock. The sale would raise $7.61 billion.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase & Co were hired to handle the transaction.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls