U.S. government exits AIG with bailout profit of $22.7 bln
Dec 11 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc said the U.S. Treasury will sell its last remaining stake in the company, giving a total profit to taxpayers of $22.7 billion on the bailout.
The Treasury is selling its last 234.2 million shares of AIG common stock for $32.50 per share, raising around $7.6 billion.
The Treasury said it had realized a positive return of $5 billion on the $182 billion bailout while the Federal Reserve had made $17.7 billion.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel