U.S. government exits AIG with bailout profit of $22.7 bln
Dec 11 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc said the U.S. Treasury will sell its last remaining stake in the company, giving a total profit to taxpayers of $22.7 billion on the bailout.
The Treasury is selling its last 234.2 million shares of AIG common stock for $32.50 per share, raising around $7.6 billion.
The Treasury said it had realized a positive return of $5 billion on the $182 billion bailout while the Federal Reserve had made $17.7 billion.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data