Natural gas explosion in WV hit NiSource's Columbia Gas line
NEW YORK Dec 11 (Reuters) - An explosion occurred on Tuesday along the Columbia Gas Transmission natural gas pipeline in West Virginia, which is run by NiSource Inc, a company spokeswoman confirmed.
The explosion hit near the Lanham compressor station just before 1 p.m. EST, she said, adding that the fire had been contained.
There was no detail on the cause of the explosion or how much gas supply had been disrupted on the 20-inch line.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter