Natural gas explosion in WV hit NiSource's Columbia Gas line
NEW YORK Dec 11 (Reuters) - An explosion occurred on Tuesday along the Columbia Gas Transmission natural gas pipeline in West Virginia, which is run by NiSource Inc, a company spokeswoman confirmed.
The explosion hit near the Lanham compressor station just before 1 p.m. EST, she said, adding that the fire had been contained.
There was no detail on the cause of the explosion or how much gas supply had been disrupted on the 20-inch line.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming