Natural gas explosion in WV hit NiSource's Columbia Gas line
NEW YORK Dec 11 (Reuters) - An explosion occurred on Tuesday along the Columbia Gas Transmission natural gas pipeline in West Virginia, which is run by NiSource Inc, a company spokeswoman confirmed.
The explosion hit near the Lanham compressor station just before 1 p.m. EST, she said, adding that the fire had been contained.
There was no detail on the cause of the explosion or how much gas supply had been disrupted on the 20-inch line.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square