US files criminal information against HSBC
WASHINGTON Dec 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department filed a felony criminal information against HSBC Holdings Plc's HSBC Bank USA in federal court in News York's Brooklyn on Tuesday.
The information is a widely expected precursor to a deferred prosecution agreement under which the bank would pay $1.9 billion to resolve money laundering charges.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |