Air Methods Corporation Confirms Fatal Accident in Illinois
DENVER, Dec. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Air Methods Corporation reported that a Eurocopter BK117 helicopter based in Rockford, Illinois crashed Monday, December 10, 2012 at approximately 8:28 p.m. CST. The pilot and two flight nurses on board the aircraft received fatal injuries. No patients were on board the aircraft at the time of the accident. The aircraft was operated in support of Rockford Memorial Hospital's program.
"This is a sad day for all of us at Air Methods and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to the family, colleagues and friends of those who perished in Illinois while on duty," said Aaron Todd, chief executive officer of Air Methods Corporation.
Company officials are on scene in the area. Representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the accident with full cooperation and support from the Company.
The Air Methods Corporation logo is available a http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6955
CONTACT: Tracey Budz, Director, Corporate Communications (303) 256-4122
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World