Fairfax Closes Cunningham Lindsey Transaction
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
TORONTO, ONTARIO, Dec 10 (MARKET WIRE) -- (Note: All dollar amounts in this press release are expressed in U.S. dollars.) Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX:FFH)(TSX:FFH.U) announces the closing of the previously announced disposition of its interest in Cunningham Lindsey Group Limited for proceeds of approximately $270 million. Fairfax's interest in Cunningham Lindsey was carried in its financial statements at approximately $110 million. Fairfax has re-invested approximately $34 million of the closing proceeds into shares of Cunningham Lindsey in order to retain an equity interest in the company of approximately 9%. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Contacts: Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited John Varnell Corporate Development (416) 367-4941 Media Contact Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Paul Rivett Vice President, Operations (416) 367-4941 Copyright 2012, Market Wire, All rights reserved. -0-
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |