Poll: 85% to Treat Themselves After Buying Applebee`s Gift Cards This Season
Poll: 85% to Treat Themselves After Buying Applebee’s® Gift Cards This Season
Applebee’s Digital Gift Cards Make Last-Minute Shopping Simple, Giving is as Good as Getting with FREE $10 Bonus Card After $50 Gift Card Purchase
With Dec. 20 circled by procrastinators rushing to mail gifts in time for the big day, Applebee’s FREE $10 Digital Bonus Cards with a $50 Digital Gift Card purchase make it easy to skip the post office and reward your hard work this holiday season.
A recent social media poll by Applebee’s, the great American Neighborhood Grill & Bar, reveals 85 percent of respondents plan to keep their FREE $10 Applebee’s Bonus Card for themselves. Further proof of Americans’ propensity to procrastinate, half of respondents who said they’ll keep their Bonus Cards also said they could wind up giving them as last-minute gifts.
Down-to-the-wire shopping stress is a thing of the past with Applebee’s Digital Gift Cards, which can be purchased, personalized, sent and delivered all in one step from www.applebees.com or through the Applebee’s Facebook page.
“With Applebee’s Digital Gift Cards, it couldn’t be easier or quicker to make gift buying personal and something you can feel good about – all while giving yourself or someone else a nice holiday bonus at the same time,” says Bridget Moen, Applebee’s Director of Gift Cards.
To spread the word, and some holiday cheer, Applebee’s is randomly doling out $100 per day (one $50 card on Facebook and one $50 card on Twitter) in FREE Applebee’s Digital Gift Cards through Dec. 24. To have a chance to be given a FREE card:
- “Like” and “Follow” Applebee’s on Facebook and Twitter
- Keep an eye out for daily in-restaurant assignments from Applebee’s
- Post photos showing you and your friends at your neighborhood Applebee’s meeting that day’s challenge
Along with a variety of festive Applebee’s Digital Gift Card designs, Applebee’s this year enlisted its 3.6 million Facebook fans to submit original fan art to be used as additional card designs. The artwork represents fan interpretations of the beloved “Applebee’s Reply Guy” or “ARG,” the brand’s Facebook persona.
Applebee’s Digital Gift Cards work the same as plastic Applebee’s Gift Cards. Digital cards are delivered to the recipient’s e-mail address and offer a broad range of features, including:
- Convenience to purchase 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Scheduled delivery immediately or for a later date
- Mobile phone messaging to alert the recipient about the gift
- No fees, shipping or handling charges or expiration dates
Applebee's Gift Cards are accepted at nearly 1,900 U.S. locations, and cardholders can easily check their gift card balance online. Bonus Cards, which are activated the day after a qualifying gift card purchase is made, are available at participating Applebee's locations and online through Dec. 31, 2012 and are redeemable through Feb. 28, 2013. For more information, guests should call their local Applebee’s or visit www.applebees.com.
Applebee’s (www.applebees.com) is the world’s largest casual dining chain, with approximately 2,000 locations in 49 states, 15 countries and one U.S. territory. Based in Kansas City, Mo., Applebee’s takes pride in providing a welcoming, neighborhood environment where everyone can enjoy the dining experience. Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar® is a DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN) brand, and is franchised and operated by Applebee’s Services, Inc. and its affiliates.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel