Mali PM arrested trying to leave country - military spokesman
BAMAKO Dec 11 (Reuters) - Security forces in Mali arrested Prime Minister Cheick Modibo Diarra late on Monday as he tried to leave the country for France, a spokesman for the military said.
"He wanted to leave the country having incited trouble," said Bakary Mariko, a spokesman for the group of soldiers who seized power in a March coup. It remains powerful despite officially handing power back to civilians earlier this year.
The arrest was confirmed by a diplomat in Mali.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32