Mali PM has announced his resignation -official at state TV
BAMAKO Dec 11 (Reuters) - Mali's Prime Minister Cheick Modibo Diarra has announced his resignation hours after being arrested by soldiers, a senior official at the West African nation's state television said.
Diarra announced he had stepped down in a statement broadcast on state television early on Tuesday morning, according to Alassane Souleymane, a senior official at the broadcaster.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |