Nikkei edges down, caution on 'overbought' sign
TOKYO, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average opened lower on Tuesday amid investor caution over signs that the market is overbought while volume may be subdued ahead of major economic events overseas. The Nikkei was down 0.1 percent at 9,526.40, while the broader Topix index slipped 0.1 percent to 787.69.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped