Korea Hot Stocks-STX Corp soars on media report of unit stake sale
SEOUL Dec 11 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was up 0.3 percent at 1,962.69 points as of 0109 GMT. The index opened up 0.26 percent.
Stocks on the move on Tuesday include:
**STX SURGES ON REPORT OF LIKELY UNIT STAKE SALE**
Shares in STX Corporation rose more than 5 percent following a local media report that the cash-strapped company was close to a deal to sell a controlling stake in Singapore-listed affiliate STX OSV Holdings.
STX Corp in August chose Italian government-owned ship builder Fincantieri SpA as the preferred bidder for a 50.8 percent stake, valued at about $800 million.
A STX Corp official said on Tuesday that the stake sale appears imminent but declined to comment further.
Shares of its affiliates STX Engine, STX Offshore & Shipbuilding and STX Metal also rallied, while shipping unit STX Pan Ocean posted the biggest gain of 12.5 percent. (Reporting By Somang Yang and Joyce Lee; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections