- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains; Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Dec 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Tuesday with the Nasdaq rising more than 1 percent, after unexpectedly cheery data out of Europe and as the Federal Reserve was set to kick off a two-day policy meeting.
Leading the technology sector higher, Apple shares rose 2.5 percent to $543.01 in early trading.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 77.39 points, or 0.59 percent, at 13,247.27. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 8.91 points, or 0.63 percent, at 1,427.46. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.42 points, or 1.02 percent, at 3,017.38.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this