US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St gains on German data; Fed eyed
NEW YORK Dec 11 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose on Tuesday after unexpectedly cheery data out of Europe and as the Federal Reserve was set to kick off a two-day policy meeting.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 50.99 points, or 0.39 percent, at 13,220.87. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.64 points, or 0.40 percent, at 1,424.19. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 18.42 points, or 0.62 percent, at 3,005.38.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Dozens killed in fierce fighting in eastern Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak