Molycorp chief executive resigns
Dec 11 (Reuters) - Rare earth producer Molycorp Inc said Chief Executive Mark Smith has resigned, a month after the company revealed that it was under investigation by U.S. securities regulators over the accuracy of its disclosures, among other things.
The company named Constantine Karayannopoulos, vice-chairman of Molycorp's board, as the interim president and chief executive.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow