US, New York sue tour bus operators, alleging monopoly - lawsuit
WASHINGTON Dec 11 (Reuters) - Two companies run an illegal monopoly in New York City's $100 million market for hop-on, hop-off bus tours, driving up prices for tourists in the city, state and federal antitrust authorities said in a lawsuit filed on Tuesday.
Twin America LLC, a joint venture of operators Coach USA Inc and City Sights LLC, violates competition laws and should be dissolved, according to the suit filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
The U.S. Justice Department said in a statement that it filed the suit with New York's state attorney general.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA