- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Up to 200 hurt in attack on Syrian Alawite village - activists
Dec 11 (Reuters) - An attack on a Syrian village on Tuesday killed or injured around 200 members of President Bashar al-Assad's Alawite minority sect, activists said, but it remained unclear who was behind the assault.
Casualty counts varied, but several activists said they could confirm 10 dead. They blamed Assad's forces for the attack, which they said involved the shelling of a house in which at least 200 Alawites were hiding.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this