Malone's Liberty Interactive to take control of TripAdvisor
Dec 11 (Reuters) - Billionaire John Malone's Liberty Interactive Corp said it took control of travel information site TripAdvisor Inc after it bought about 5 million shares in the company from media veteran Barry Diller.
The transaction gives Liberty control of about 22 percent of TripAdvisor's common stock and 57 percent of its voting stock.
Concurrently with the deal, Diller resigned as TripAdvisor's chairman, but will continue as a director.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness