Malone's Liberty Interactive to take control of TripAdvisor
Dec 11 (Reuters) - Billionaire John Malone's Liberty Interactive Corp said it took control of travel information site TripAdvisor Inc after it bought about 5 million shares in the company from media veteran Barry Diller.
The transaction gives Liberty control of about 22 percent of TripAdvisor's common stock and 57 percent of its voting stock.
Concurrently with the deal, Diller resigned as TripAdvisor's chairman, but will continue as a director.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square