WTO united against Ukraine's bid to renegotiate tariffs
GENEVA Dec 11 (Reuters) - The World Trade Organization's 157 members aired a "virtual uniform expression of concern" about Ukraine's plan to renegotiate hundreds of tariff ceilings, U.S. Ambassador Michael Punke said as he left the WTO's General Council on Tuesday.
"You had close to unanimity in terms of the membership expressing extreme concern about what the Ukraine is doing," Punke told reporters.
"The Japanese ambassador noted that there had been no expression of support for Ukraine's position and encouraged anyone who supports the Ukraine to raise their flag, and no one did."
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |