Delta CEO: new venture to have a quarter of transatlantic market
(Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc's (DAL.N) new joint venture with Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd VA.UL will likely control 24 to 25 percent of the cross-Atlantic market for air travel, Delta Chief Executive Richard Anderson said on Tuesday.
Delta Air Lines will buy Singapore Airlines' (SIAL.SI) 49 percent stake in Virgin Atlantic for $360 million, it said earlier in the day.
(Reporting By Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32