U.S. files criminal information against HSBC
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department filed a felony criminal information against HSBC Holdings Plc's HSBC Bank USA in federal court in News York's Brooklyn on Tuesday.
The information is a widely expected precursor to a deferred prosecution agreement under which the bank would pay $1.9 billion to resolve money laundering charges.
(Reporting By Aruna Viswanatha; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |