U.S. files criminal information against HSBC
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department filed a felony criminal information against HSBC Holdings Plc's HSBC Bank USA in federal court in News York's Brooklyn on Tuesday.
The information is a widely expected precursor to a deferred prosecution agreement under which the bank would pay $1.9 billion to resolve money laundering charges.
(Reporting By Aruna Viswanatha; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |