Mali president appoints Cissoko prime minister: TV
BAMAKO (Reuters) - Mali's interim president Diouncounda Traore has appointed Django Cissoko, a former Secretary General of the West African nation's presidency, as prime minister, Mali state television said on Tuesday.
Cissoko will replace Cheick Modibo Diarra who was forced to resign after he was arrested by soldiers who staged a coup in the Sahel nation in March.
(Reporting by Adama Diarra; Writing by Bate Felix; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies