Mali PM has announced his resignation: official at state TV
BAMAKO (Reuters) - Mali's Prime Minister Cheick Modibo Diarra has announced his resignation hours after being arrested by soldiers, a senior official at the West African nation's state television said.
Diarra announced he had stepped down in a statement broadcast on state television early on Tuesday morning, according to Alassane Souleymane, a senior official at the broadcaster.
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Hague court to order Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case: paper
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police