US, New York sue tour bus operators, alleging monopoly: lawsuit
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two companies run an illegal monopoly in New York City's $100 million market for hop-on, hop-off bus tours, driving up prices for tourists in the city, state and federal antitrust authorities said in a lawsuit filed on Tuesday.
Twin America LLC, a joint venture of operators Coach USA Inc and City Sights LLC, violates competition laws and should be dissolved, according to the suit filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
The U.S. Justice Department said in a statement that it filed the suit with New York's state attorney general.
(Reporting by David Ingram)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- UAW union withdraws objection to lost election at VW Tennessee plant