Venezuela's Chavez being operated on now: Ecuador's Correa
QUITO (Reuters) - - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez was undergoing surgery in Cuba on Tuesday for his recurrence of cancer, his friend and political ally Ecuadorean leader Rafael Correa said.
"My dear friend and colleague, Commander Hugo Chavez, is going through the toughest times of his life," Correa said in Ecuador.
"He's being operated on right now. It's a very delicate operation."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
Revered by millions as a beacon of hope against oppression and as an archetype of reconciliation, Nelson Mandela leaves behind a grieving nation. Video