Venezuela's Chavez being operated on now: Ecuador's Correa
QUITO (Reuters) - - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez was undergoing surgery in Cuba on Tuesday for his recurrence of cancer, his friend and political ally Ecuadorean leader Rafael Correa said.
"My dear friend and colleague, Commander Hugo Chavez, is going through the toughest times of his life," Correa said in Ecuador.
"He's being operated on right now. It's a very delicate operation."
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program