US House Speaker Boehner to give update on fiscal cliff talks
WASHINGTON, Dec 11 - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner is expected to talk about the status of "fiscal cliff" negotiations with President Barack Obama in a speech on the House floor at noon EST (1300 GMT).
Boehner, in a Twitter message, said he would provide the update about his private talks with Obama in the run-up to a Dec. 31 deadline for finding a way to avoid harsh tax hikes and spending cuts at the beginning of 2013.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales