Venezuela's Chavez being operated on now - Ecuador's Correa
QUITO Dec 11 (Reuters) - - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez was undergoing surgery in Cuba on Tuesday for his recurrence of cancer, his friend and political ally Ecuadorean leader Rafael Correa said.
"My dear friend and colleague, Commander Hugo Chavez, is going through the toughest times of his life," Correa said in Ecuador.
"He's being operated on right now. It's a very delicate operation."
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square