BMW to collaborate with Boeing on carbon fibre
FRANKFURT Dec 12 (Reuters) - BMW said it has signed a collaboration agreement with Boeing to share manufacturing knowledge about carbon fibre.
The pact aims to advance research for carbon fibre recycling as well as know-how about manufacturing and automation, BMW said on Wednesday.
BMW Group will bring two vehicles with a carbon passenger cell on to the market for the first time starting late 2013. Boeing's 787 Dreamliner is made up of 50 percent carbon fibre material.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source