"Dancing with the Stars" Brooke Burke says she is cancer free
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Dancing with the Stars" co-host Brooke Burke said on Wednesday that medical tests indicate she is free of thyroid cancer.
"I just got the results back from all of my tests and great news - the thyroid cancer has been removed from my body and all my lymph nodes are clear," Burke, 41, said in her blog on the website Modernmom.com.
"So I'm hoping that this is the end of the story. Woohoo!!! And thank GOD!" the former model added.
Burke, a former winner of ABC's popular celebrity ballroom dancing competition, underwent surgery just over a week after the season finale of "Dancing with the Stars" on November 27.
The mother of four posted a picture of herself in Wednesday's blog entry with a small bandage on her throat. She said the surgery will leave her with a large scar across her neck.
The thyroid is a gland in the neck that produces hormones that regulate vital body functions, such as heart rate and blood pressure.
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Jill Serjeant and Nick Zieminski)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video