"Dancing with the Stars" Brooke Burke says she is cancer free
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Dancing with the Stars" co-host Brooke Burke said on Wednesday that medical tests indicate she is free of thyroid cancer.
"I just got the results back from all of my tests and great news - the thyroid cancer has been removed from my body and all my lymph nodes are clear," Burke, 41, said in her blog on the website Modernmom.com.
"So I'm hoping that this is the end of the story. Woohoo!!! And thank GOD!" the former model added.
Burke, a former winner of ABC's popular celebrity ballroom dancing competition, underwent surgery just over a week after the season finale of "Dancing with the Stars" on November 27.
The mother of four posted a picture of herself in Wednesday's blog entry with a small bandage on her throat. She said the surgery will leave her with a large scar across her neck.
The thyroid is a gland in the neck that produces hormones that regulate vital body functions, such as heart rate and blood pressure.
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Jill Serjeant and Nick Zieminski)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official