German finance ministry says Greek debt buyback went well
BERLIN Dec 12 (Reuters) - Preliminary information from Greece about its debt-buyback operation suggests the programme went very well, a spokeswoman for Germany's finance ministry spokeswoman said on Wednesday, without giving any details.
"Finance ministers were given a preliminary evaluation which said the programme went well. The troika (of international creditors) has to carry out a detailed evaluation, and on that basis the Eurogroup will decide on the payment of the next tranches," said ministry spokeswoman Marianne Kothe.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |