German gov't backs paying out next Greek aid tranche - letter
BERLIN Dec 12 (Reuters) - The German government is in favour of paying out the next tranche of international aid to Greece after a debt buyback programme which can overall be termed a success, the German finance ministry said in a letter seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
The letter to the Bundestag lower house said the amendments to Greece's aid package and the successful buyback meant debt sustainability levels were such that "the German government favours paying out the next credit tranche to Greece".
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea