German gov't backs paying out next Greek aid tranche - letter
BERLIN Dec 12 (Reuters) - The German government is in favour of paying out the next tranche of international aid to Greece after a debt buyback programme which can overall be termed a success, the German finance ministry said in a letter seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
The letter to the Bundestag lower house said the amendments to Greece's aid package and the successful buyback meant debt sustainability levels were such that "the German government favours paying out the next credit tranche to Greece".
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Florida-bound Delta flight diverted over reclining seat dispute