Japan govt: North Korea rocket launch "extremely regrettable"
TOKYO Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's top government spokesman voiced protest over North Korea's rocket launch on Wednesday, saying it was "extremely regrettable."
"Japan cannot tolerate this action," Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura told a news conference.
North Korea launched a rocket on Wednesday and the missile appears to have passed over Okinawa, Japan's government said.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports