Japan govt: North Korea rocket launch "extremely regrettable"
TOKYO Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's top government spokesman voiced protest over North Korea's rocket launch on Wednesday, saying it was "extremely regrettable."
"Japan cannot tolerate this action," Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura told a news conference.
North Korea launched a rocket on Wednesday and the missile appears to have passed over Okinawa, Japan's government said.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC