- Global shares rise after Bernanke comments, oil lower |
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Rescuers search Oklahoma tornado town ruins as recovery starts |
Japan U.N. envoy requests Security Council meet over Korea -Kyodo
TOKYO Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's envoy to the United Nations has requested that the Security Council convene following North Korea's rocket launch, Kyodo news agency reported.
North Korea launched a long-range rocket on Wednesday for the second time this year, and may have succeeded in putting a satellite into space, the stated aim of what critics say is a disguised ballistic missile test..
A spokeswoman at the Foreign Ministry in Tokyo could not immediately confirm if Japan had requested a Security Council meeting.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this