U.S. "notes" N.Korea rocket launch, monitoring situation
WASHINGTON Dec 11 (Reuters) - The United States has noted North Korea's rocket launch and is monitoring the situation, an administration official said on Tuesday.
"We noted the launch and we are monitoring the situation. We will have further official comment later," the official said in an email message.
North Korea launched a long-range rocket for the second time this year on Wednesday local time, and may have succeeded in putting a satellite into space, the stated aim of what critics say is a disguised ballistic missile test..
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn