C$ extends gains, hits session high after Fed statement
TORONTO Dec 12 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar touched its strongest level against the U.S. dollar in nearly two months on Wednesday after the U.S. Federal Reserve left interest rates unchanged and said it would keep buying bonds.
The Canadian dollar hit a session high of C$0.9830 to the U.S. dollar, or $1.0173 after the statement. It was trading around C$0.9850, or $1.0152 just before the announcement.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data