CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher ahead of Fed announcement
TORONTO, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Wednesday, led by the materials sector and higher resource prices, and supported by expectations the Federal Reserve will announce to a fresh round of U.S. Treasuries buying. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 31.72 points, or 0.26 percent, at 12,314.08 shortly after the open.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study