CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher ahead of Fed announcement
TORONTO, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Wednesday, led by the materials sector and higher resource prices, and supported by expectations the Federal Reserve will announce to a fresh round of U.S. Treasuries buying. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 31.72 points, or 0.26 percent, at 12,314.08 shortly after the open.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source