Euro rises to near 8-month high versus yen
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - The euro rose to its highest in nearly eight months on Wednesday, with the Japanese currency under broad pressure on talk of more aggressive monetary easing after a likely victory of the Liberal Democratic Party in an election on Sunday.
The euro rose 0.6 percent to 107.975, its highest level since mid-April. Traders cited option barriers at 108 yen and 108.25 yen.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image