Euro rises to near 8-month high versus yen
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - The euro rose to its highest in nearly eight months on Wednesday, with the Japanese currency under broad pressure on talk of more aggressive monetary easing after a likely victory of the Liberal Democratic Party in an election on Sunday.
The euro rose 0.6 percent to 107.975, its highest level since mid-April. Traders cited option barriers at 108 yen and 108.25 yen.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source