Hong Kong shares to open up 0.4 percent at 16-month high
HONG KONG Dec 12 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to open up 0.4 percent on Wednesday following a strong showing on Wall Street, with increased merger activity encouraging investors back into the market.
The Hang Seng index was set to open at 16-month high at 22,412.9 while the China Enterprises index was indicated to open up 0.6 percent.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea