Hong Kong shares to open up 0.4 percent at 16-month high
HONG KONG Dec 12 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to open up 0.4 percent on Wednesday following a strong showing on Wall Street, with increased merger activity encouraging investors back into the market.
The Hang Seng index was set to open at 16-month high at 22,412.9 while the China Enterprises index was indicated to open up 0.6 percent.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions