Nikkei rises to 7-1/2 month high as weak yen boosts exporters
TOKYO, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Wednesday, hitting a 7-1/2 month high led by gains in tech shares and other exporters on the weak yen while Wall Street's strong performance buoyed sentiment. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent at 9,594.51 after opening at 9,606.25, the highest level since April 27. The broader Topix index added 0.8 percent to 792.64.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote