Nikkei rises to 7-1/2 month high as weak yen boosts exporters
TOKYO, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Wednesday, hitting a 7-1/2 month high led by gains in tech shares and other exporters on the weak yen while Wall Street's strong performance buoyed sentiment. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent at 9,594.51 after opening at 9,606.25, the highest level since April 27. The broader Topix index added 0.8 percent to 792.64.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |