Nikkei rises to 7-1/2 month high as weak yen boosts exporters
TOKYO, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Wednesday, hitting a 7-1/2 month high led by gains in tech shares and other exporters on the weak yen while Wall Street's strong performance buoyed sentiment. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent at 9,594.51 after opening at 9,606.25, the highest level since April 27. The broader Topix index added 0.8 percent to 792.64.
- Gaza death toll rises; Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv |
- Ukraine jets pound rebels after deadly missile attack |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City to close, adding to city's woes: report