Nikkei rises to 7-1/2 month high as weak yen boosts exporters
TOKYO, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Wednesday, hitting a 7-1/2 month high led by gains in tech shares and other exporters on the weak yen while Wall Street's strong performance buoyed sentiment. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent at 9,594.51 after opening at 9,606.25, the highest level since April 27. The broader Topix index added 0.8 percent to 792.64.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea