US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow briefly negative; S&P 500 pares gain
NEW YORK Dec 12 (Reuters) - The Dow briefly turned negative and the S&P 500 pared gains in late trading on Wednesday as investors digested comments by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell briefly before turning up 6.37 points, or 0.05 percent, at 13,254.81. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 1.95 points, or 0.14 percent, at 1,429.79. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 6.46 points, or 0.21 percent, at 3,015.85.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections