OCC approves GE purchase of MetLife deposit business
Dec 12 (Reuters) - The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has approved MetLife's sale of its deposit-taking business to a unit of General Electric Co's GE Capital, MetLife Inc said on Wednesday.
After the sale closes, MetLife said it will move to deregister as a bank holding company.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |