Munich Re names VW's ex-CEO Pischetsrieder as chairman
FRANKFURT Dec 12 (Reuters) - Munich Re named former Volkswagen chief Bernd Pischetsrieder to replace its supervisory board chairman, Hans-Juergen Schinzler, who is retiring at the end of the year.
Pischetsrieder, 64, has been a member of Munich Re's board since 2002 and will assume office on Jan. 1, the reinsurer said late on Wednesday. (Reporting by Maria Sheahan)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'