Munich Re names VW's ex-CEO Pischetsrieder as chairman
FRANKFURT Dec 12 (Reuters) - Munich Re named former Volkswagen chief Bernd Pischetsrieder to replace its supervisory board chairman, Hans-Juergen Schinzler, who is retiring at the end of the year.
Pischetsrieder, 64, has been a member of Munich Re's board since 2002 and will assume office on Jan. 1, the reinsurer said late on Wednesday. (Reporting by Maria Sheahan)
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead: officials
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Casual pot use causes brain abnormalities in the young: study
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll