Renault-Nissan to take control of AvtoVAZ joint venture
PARIS Dec 12 (Reuters) - Renault-Nissan and Russian Technologies State Corporation said they would create a joint venture to accelerate product launches and technology transfers to Russian car maker AvtoVAZ.
The Franco-Japanese alliance will invest 23 billion rubles ($742 million) to take control of AvtoVAZ via a 67.13 percent stake in the joint venture by mid-2014. The JV will then own 74.5 percent of AvtoVAZ.
Russian Technologies will hold 32.87 percent of the JV.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation